Monday, February 6, 2012

Busted!

I went to Weight Watchers confessional today. I admitted that since I started doing Simply Filling six weeks ago, I haven't tracked a thing. Since this week's theme was all about tracking, it seems like a good time to reinstate good habits.

I love how Lisa, our leader, keeps us motivated through her positive energy. This week she introduced the "Magic Tracker" (it's magic because if you use it, you lose weight. Ha!). One person per week will use it and report back the next Monday. I was nominated/volunteered to go first. I thought I was just volunteering to track for a day, not the whole week, but I need the kick in my rather large butt anyway. You may not know this about me, but I'm a tad bit competitive, so give me a task and I will complete it to a T.

I went back and tracked what I ate today. Pretty easy since I generally eat pretty much the same thing at work every day. Breakfast sandwich (Jimmy Dean's turkey sausage with egg white on whole wheat English muffin) this morning, Black cherry jello for a snack, Sante Fe rice and beans with lettuce and tomato on top, with a side carrots with roasted red pepper hummus for lunch.

Dinner. *sigh*

I had nothing planned, so I checked my stockpiles and decided to make a light stroganoff. I did a side of steamed baby carrots ($0.49 for a 2-lb bag at Aldi's. I'm STILL excited about that!) and leftover pineapple (in its own juice, no syrup!).

Here's my stroganoff recipe:

Cook 2 cups noodles according to package directions (I had something brown on hand. They look like egg noodles, but they must be whole grain. What did I buy?!?) while preparing stroganoff.

Brown about 1 pound ground turkey and drain any excess fat (if you have the extra lean like I did, you may not have any fat to drain.) Alternatively, you may use Boca crumbles to keep the points value low.

Add one can cream of mushroom soup and one cup of skim milk. Heat through.

When noodles are done, add to the mixture and stir thoroughly.

Stir in 1/2 cup light or fat free sour cream.

Four servings, 9 points each.

SUPER easy, less than 20 minutes from idea to table. I got my food mill out and mushed some up for Squirt. She LOVED it, had seconds and ate half the carrots off my plate too!

I used my juvenile divided plate (Have you seen it? Great idea if I do say so myself!) to keep my portions under control and made sure to fill up on the carrots and pineapple rather than go back for the creamy stroganoff.

At the end of the day, I have four points left over (I get 29 points a day) plus I took a walk with the family after work (2 Activity Points) and did the elliptical after dinner (2 more Activity Points).

And yes, I tracked it all.

Day 1 - Success

Thought for the Day: "You're not a dog- don't reward yourself with food."

I'm rewarding myself with a bubble bath. And perhaps a glass of wine. After all, I still have points left.

No comments:

Post a Comment