Monday, January 14, 2013

Creamy Linguine Casserole

I'm trying hard to motivate myself to cook more, but it's hard. Luckily a friend introduced me to emeals awhile ago and I'm back on the bandwagon. It's a subscription site that matches up menus to what's on sale at your selected supermarket that week. The meals are always pretty simple, few ingredients, and inexpensive. You can pick from a wide array of menus to fit your needs, including Natural/Organic, Paleo, Meals for 2, etc. Dave Ramsey-approved. All around winner. You owe it to yourself to at least check out their sample menus.

But I've touted my love of emeals before. Enough of that.

This dinner was 90% emeals and 10% poor planning on my part. Luckily, it all turned out good anyway. Here's my slightly revised recipe.


Creamy Linguine Casserole






1 lb ground turkey

1 t minced garlic
24 oz jar pasta sauce
8 oz linguine
16 oz sour cream
4 oz cream cheese, softened

1 c shredded mozzarella (Or more. We like cheese.)
1/4 c parmesan (the real stuff or the stuff in the can, whichever you have on hand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Start heating water for pasta.



Brown turkey with garlic until turkey is crumbly & no longer pink. Drain if necessary (I find that extra lean ground turkey doesn't have much to drain). Stir in pasta sauce; simmer 10 minutes or until you're ready for it.


Prepare linguine to package directions. 


Combine sour cream and cream cheese, set aside.


Drain pasta, return to pot. Incorporate sour cream and cream cheese mixture until well coated. Spread in sprayed 13 x 9 inch dish (or my lovely Rachael Ray bubble and brown set). Pour meat sauce on top.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 min until heated. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan and bake 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.


Serve with a side salad and dinner is ready! Hands on time was about 15 minutes, plus 30 for baking. Not too bad for a work night. Plus we have TONS of leftovers, which is a must in our house. Easy peasy and my big kid AND little kid loved it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment